Wednesday, March 7, 2018

WOYWW 457


My desk hasn't seen much action lately

I've mentioned we had painters in to create a ceiling in the living room/dining room/kitchen and give the walls a new lick of paint meanwhile,
well they were surprisingly quick and they finished already on Friday,
which of course meant that the entire weekend was spent with moving everything back in.
Unfortunately I fell of a ladder whilst assisting my husband in hanging up lighting and hurt my knee,
I'm off work the entire week and I hope it will heal quickly because it is a pain in the, well yeah, knee.

Here is my deskshot this morning


where you can see a Kuretake watercolor set (isn't it wonderful?)
which I ordered for the Wanderlust classes.
(every excuse to order new supplies is good enough)
I just completed the color swatch that is inside the lid,
the Japanese lettering is a nice bonus as was the japanese newspaper it was wrapped in, 
definitely will be showing up in my work soon.


Some of you  wanted to see the whole holder for my icads,
in fact it is just a simple picture holder that was laying in the cubet for years.



Here are this week's somethings on display in that holder,
as you can see I just cut up that masterboard and left it at that.

Also, some were curious on what I will be doing with all 365 icads,
well, I am using bookrings to create a gratitude book out of them, 
so on the back of each card I write every day what I am grateful for that day,
each line will be one year.



That's all from me, 
thx for your visit,
and see you soon.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky, hope your knee is better soon. On the plus side, at least you have extra craft time. That watercolour set that Jamie recommended looks lush. Great idea for keeping your icads once they come down from display. Sarah #10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Vicky. Ouch! Trust your knee recovers quickly - but what a bonus... a week off work! Lots of craft time. I love the fact that you are using all those I-cads you are creating to write your thankfulness and gratitude on. That will be something beautiful to look back on at the end of the year.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky, hope your knee heals soon, how rotten. But, on the plus side, it could have been worse. Falling off ladders is never good. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I can understand why you had to have those watercolours - don't they look gorgeous?! I'm sorry you had that accident and hope your knee is better soon.
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch, poor knee, hope it is better soon! wonderful looking watercolurs. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww no! Take it easy. I love the colours used on those pieces! The gratitude ring per day is a fantastic idea.
    Ellie #13

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky. Poor you, I hope your knee feels better soon. The watercolours are lovely, as is the idea of the gratitude book from the icads. Have a lovely week Heather x #13

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Vicky! you poor thing hope the knee is better soon. Nice new watercolours. I love the idea of the gratitude book, very clever. Have a great woyww and a lovely creative week, Angela x18x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s a great way to use the icads, love that idea. Particularly love the masteboard ones, I’m pleased that you didn’t feel the need to add any more to them. Hope your knee improves quickly. Don’t overdo it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely projects Vicky - I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, but hey, it will give you a whole week to do what you want (other than run around, of course) so there's always a silver lining. Hope your knee will be as good as new when it heals. Sorry for the late visit, but better late than never! zsuzsa #9

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Shoot, less than an hour to go to next week's WOYWW and just realised I hadn't replied to last week's comments yet!!! I was busy getting back into the world after being laid up with a bad back. Now I'm knee deep in egg cutouts yep on my desk awaiting midnight and desk photo! I'll really try harder this week! Adore the bright colours on the cards. BJ#2

    ReplyDelete