Friday, September 2, 2016

DPP1 rainbow

The last couple of months my creativity has been on a very very low level, actually almost non existing.
In order to reignite it I searched for some ideas and stumbled across Daisy yellows daily paper prompts:
a series of 67 techniques-based creative prompts to learn, practice or otherwise interpret a variety of techniques that could then be components or lead to new ideas for art.
It is a little nudge to help me commit to a recurring creative play date.

Prompt 1 is rainbows.

I started out by selecting all the colors of the rainbow in panda oil pastels and colored the rainbow in the shape of a heart, no thinking just doing.
I felt like creating a sunburst so I took a babywipe and wiped  stripes from the inner heart outward.


Next I punched out a whole bunch of butterflies in the same colors and glued them on the corresponding colored heart.
However I seem to have issues keeping them glued down on the oil pastels, should I have sealed it first? Or use another type of glue? (I now used Rangers glossy accents)



The prompt did the trick because I did 2 pages in one go.
On the second page I sprayed Dylusions spray inks over the page in the colors of the rainbow, on a separate page I colored the rainbowcolors diagonally with oil pastels,cut out hearts in different sizes and glued them to the page.
I created some drips on the top with white ecoline, only to realize that of course the Dylusions react with waterbased products, oops.


Not sure whether this page is finished or not, but for now I call it finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment