Saturday, February 28, 2015

happiness

Prompt 55 in the Embrace your art365 challenge is happiness.
What makes me happy?
Being able to express myself through art.
So paint, stamps, inks, sprayinks and off course butterflies make me very happy.
So I used all these ingredients on my canvas. Yes for this prompt I didn’t work on a small ICAD but on a 40 by 30 cm canvas, because I had a MDF happy word I really wanted to use.
This canvas also doubles up for this week’s Craft Barn challenge where the theme is to use something from Tando.
Okay, small problem, I do not own anything Tando, but got permission to create something that looks like something from Tando.
Okay, I have a couple of things that seem to fit.
For example my homemade splatter stencil


Added some stamping with different shaped hearts ( because I love art)
Made up a batch of homemade texture paste and used it through a new stencil, which is  just amazing.


Sprayed some Dylusions over the textures.


Scraped some acrylic paint along the edges with an old credit card.
And added the butterflies with black acrylic paint through a stencil. You might say black for butterflies?? but the canvas on it’s whole is already so vibrant I thought it would be better, I believe they pop now and make the background even more vibrant.


Next I needed to decorate my MDF word (there is also a Happy word in the tando collection), I started by applying a layer of white gesso, followed by a mauve color in between the letters. Some green tissue paper on top of the letters, stamped a pattern of circles on it and added some more butterflies. The edges got distressed with some black stazon ink.



As finishing touches I cut a heart out of burlap and added a flower. Doodled a bit on the butterflies and turned the word happy in the quote Be happy and smile.



If I would win this challenge I definitely would spent it on some Tando stuff :-)
I just browsed through the Catalogue and noticed that in fact I do own something from Tando, a stencil, this is what I made with it in the past
(for the hurt Q&L challenge)




5 comments:

  1. Oh I love your background Vicky, it makes me feel happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous.I love the background, brilliant colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy colours for a happy page! Love the background with the various stencilled patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bright and cheerful. Beautiful. thank you for taking part in the Tando challenge.
    Jane (The Craft Barn) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have defined happy perfectly on your canvas.

    ReplyDelete