Monday, November 10, 2014

message in a bottle (junk journal page #22)

Clare has set us a challenge for this month. We need to include the theme bottle in our recycling project.
This is what I came up with


For the background I glued down pieces of dried up acrylic paint (remember the jar?)
Sprayed with some Dylusions spray inks and stamped some circles.
I loved this summers workshop from Clare, the Me time Messages, so much I proceeded. I wrote a little note to myself on a piece of baking paper which has an aged look because I used it to tea dye some papers.On the back I stamped message in a bottle and added some washi tape butterflies, my all time favorite creatures.


I rolled this up and inserted it in my bottle, this is the plastic packaging from my owl I recently bought. 
My message in a bottle is floating around in the sea somewhere so I added some sea life to the page.

Junk used:
cereal box
dried up acrylic paint
baking paper
plastic packaging

4 comments:

  1. Vicky, that's a lovely spread, it reminded me to an exhibition in 't MAS, it was before the Redstarline was opened, where at the end you could live a message, put it in a bottle and they promised it will be taken out to the sea, I wonder if it really happened? (I want to believe it did, not that I bottled something important, just for the fun.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it wasn't the exhibition of the titanic?Well, on the one hand I hope they didn't because the sea is already so much polluted.

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet! I love it, great idea and execution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and by coincidence i didn't need to glue down the bottle, it fits right underneath the paint, so I can lift it anytime I want and read the message again :-)

      Delete