Monday, September 1, 2014

monochrome canvas

I joined the Journal Workshopssite from Jennibellie already in March but was too overwhelmed by everything at that time and was too scared to dive into.
But last week I gave it another go and I am hooked now.
She hosts a monthly challenge and April’s challenge was messy monochrome.
After watching the video, the ideas seeped in my mind and yesterday I sat myself down and executed my thoughts on a canvas.


My Step by step:
  • Collage of black and white gelli prints
  • Stamping (footprints, hearts, text and dots) with jet black Stazon
  • Cut out heart shapes out of the black and white gelli transfer film I made a couple of weeks back, I added some red acrylic paint to the edges to let them stand out more
  • I stenciled a flourish heart on some tissuepaper and glued that to the canvas
  • Printed out the quote In art as in love instinct is enough (I found this quote inside a chocolate wrapper), cut it out and glued down, the words art and love I wrote on a piece of fabric (ones used to be a pillow cover)
  • Some paper flowers in just the wright colors and some washi tape to finish it all of

 Here are some detailed pictures




2 comments: