Saturday, September 20, 2014

come and see

The last couple of days I saw some posts showing people’s workspaces, the unedited form.
Because yes, when it comes to showing our spaces we tend to clean them first don’t we, to show them off in there best possible form.
It is Seth Apters intention to show the real thing, what a GREAT IDEA.
For more details click here.

Because I loved taking a look at all the workspaces from everyone else, I thought it was only appropriate to give you a glance at my piece of heaven.
This is the current state of my desk, not too bad I think:


My studio is located in the attic, a lovely big space with a nice view over the canal



 the only thing missing is a sink. But in time when we come around of finishing off this room (floor, walls,..) this can be installed then.
And in time I also would like to have a computer and printer here too.
I share this space with my almost 5 year old son, this is his work area


Thanks Seth for reminding me that I am not a total freak and that a lot of our creative spaces are messy.

12 comments:

  1. Great space ..... I WISH I had just half of the space you have!!! My tiny work space has always looked a total mess but (for the 3rd week) I was able to publish a tidy shot ... but trust me - that's really how it looked!

    Thanks for sharing your realistic looking work space

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm very lucky with such a space, but no matter how big the space is you always run out of space I think.

      Delete
  2. Vicky I love your L shaped table :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, it's so practical.
      And I was able to buy it for only 30 euros and the money went to a cancer research.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely creativ space and the view is quite special too. But, not as special as your little boys creative area. It is ADORable!! How sweet to share the space and creativity. Would you share some of his work with us? Would he let you? :o))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already posted some of the things we did, make a search on kids art and you will normally find it.

      Delete
  4. So awesome to see that your son shares the same creative space with you! I LOVE that idea :) The view is very nice and to me, I think attics are magical "getaway" places! They feel quite different than the rest of the house. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is really my getaway place, but I think no matter where it would be located in the house because it's what happens that makes it the getaway, but it helps that I'm away from all of it.

      Delete
  5. What a great view! Looks like a great place to create! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It absolutely is, since I have my own space my creativeness has multiplied.

      Delete
  6. I love that you and your son both have a crafting work area--- what a great way to instill a love for creating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather, I'm so glad that my son also loves creating, thats something we share.

      Delete