Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mistake

Wow, this must be my fastest Q&L entry and fastest page made ever.
I had/set myself a time limit of about 30 mins on this page, this was  in between packing suitcases.
I had found this fun quote: We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.
I grabbed a gelli print out of my stash, one with circles and suddenly the quote made me think of smiley faces, so I drew some.
There was a white strip on the bottom which I masked with some homemade gelliprinted washitape.
I added this fun, quirky, sassy girl  who suits the atmospere just perfectly. I stamped her, scanned the image and enlarged it on the computer.
Used some Derwent colorsoft pencils to color her and  give her a funky look and added the quote in handwriting.


I'm off now for a well deserved hopefully sunny, relaxing holiday.
I will be back (in a couple of weeks).

26 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Such a lot of fun. It made me smile.
    I'm very impressed with the, stamping, scanning and enlarging!! What a useful thing to be able to do. I must look into it ;)
    Have a wonderful holiday :o))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad it made you smile and the scanning and enlarging is soo easy, I'm no computerexpert what so ever.

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant idea to stamp, scan and enlarge the image! Now all I need is a scanner! Fab page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know what to ask for your next birthday :-)

      Delete
  3. A lovely fun page and the quote is so true especially for us crafters :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about your page from the gelli plate background to the fabulous image! oh and I'm well impressed with your handmade washi tape!! Enjoy your holiday:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoyed your Holiday!!! A great page and the quote is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say this to my craft group all the time lol. Love your page

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely image :) and a great quote. Wonderful page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always making happy accidents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great quote and one that I need to use often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But mistakes leads us always to something new and expected and who knows something magnificent

      Delete
  10. I really need to get out my gelli plate, because you made this look fun and easy. I like how you made one of your gelli prints into washi tape. Fabulous entry, great smiley faces, and wonderful sassy girl. So cute and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect quote for us crafters! Love your funny girl and the Gelli plate background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mistakes leads us to something else, something we didn't plan but often this is a positive thing.

      Delete
  12. What a fun page, wish I had the mind to get them done so quickly. BJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to, otherwise I would have missed the entry

      Delete